Data Engineer at Cox Digital Solutions in South San Francisco, CA
Cox Digital Solutions provides compelling solutions connecting advertisers with engaged users and publishers with quality brands. As the only company to offer the largest integrated source of premium national reach and local engagement including 7,000+ specialty content and 1,300 local sites. We maximize revenue for advertisers, agencies, and publishers. CDS is a division of Cox Media Group, a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cox Digital Solutions provides a top tier benefits package, competative salaries, employee training & development opportunities, and free Friday lunch! We are looking to hire exceptionally talented, motivated and creative individuals who share our passion for excellence in product and service.
The Data Engineer on the Media Products & Analytics team will support new analytics initiatives at Cox Digital Solutions (CDS). In this multi-faceted role, you will work with internal customers to develop customized analysis, integrated data sets from SQL and NoSQL data stores, create cloud and API-based applications, and contribute to the on-going development of CDS’ proprietary online advertising market analysis system.
The Media Products & Analytics team at CDS is pushing the boundaries in traditional display advertising. We love using new tech such as MongoDB, Hadoop and Amazon Web Services to bringing unique insights & analysis to our advertisers and publishers, and are working on ways to connect online display advertising with innovations in local and social media.
- Create reports and integrated data sets through SQL, Hive and Mongo queries
- Develop internal software tools to integrate data from SQL, OLAP and NoSQL data stores
- Develop and maintain API and cloud-based applications that power our proprietary online advertising market analysis systems
- Develop and maintain proprietary data mining models for use in online advertising products
- BA/BS in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related technical field (Master's degree a plus).
- Proficiency in SQL and object-oriented languages such as Java or C#.
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive and related Big Data manipulation tools.
- Knowledge of data mining algorithms and experience with data modeling.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python or Ruby is a plus.
- Experience in data visualization and UI development (desktop or web) is a plus.
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to translate business information into technical terms.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment and work on multiple projects simultaneously.