Senior Systems Engineer at ConnectSolutions, Inc. in San Francisco, CA
ConnectSolutions works in the Unified Communication space as a managed services provider, hosting enterprise and government UC products and building a platform and services around them. We are a profitable small business based in SF that was bootstrapped but recently took investment (http://tiny.cc/qnqdrw) in order to drive additional growth. We solve real and challenging collaboration problems for a large base of highly recognizable customers. Our success is in a large part due to the collaborative nature of our business and dynamic company culture. Our competitive compensation, benefits and perks reflect the high value we place on our people. Sometime this year ConnectSolutions customers will surpass 5 billion collaboration minutes.
You will be a senior member of a team focused on building and supporting managed software services, with responsibility for creating solutions related to maintaining service and platform stability. You will be responsible for planning, implementing, and supporting solutions for real-time applications delivered worldwide on a 24x7 basis with high availability. As a key technical member of our service delivery team, you will work closely with our engineering and enablement teams to proactively identify issues and areas for process improvements, while providing technical subject matter expertise.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Participate in change control activities during assigned maintenance windows.
- Documentation and run book development.
- Technical risk assessment in change control process.
- Provide guidance on operational best practices, tools and process.
- Lead trouble-shooting and incident management.
- Problem-solve performance, reliability, and scalability issues.
- Engage directly with customer technical teams as a technical expert
Required Skills and Experience:
This position requires very strong technical skills, excellent communications and problem-solving skills, and the ability to see potential problem situations and proactively address them. The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years experience managing Windows and Linux based infrastructure.
Proven technical troubleshooting and performance tuning experience.
- An understanding of OSI model.
- An understanding of how SSL handshakes occur.
- Experience with database administration for Microsoft SQL Server.
- Familiarity with VMWare's virtualization stack.
- Familiarity with regular expressions.
- Moderate experience with at least one scripting language: shell, perl, ruby, or python.
- Excellent analytical abilities.
- Past development experience: comfortable looking at compiler errors, analyzing application logs, and recommending fixes to developers.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities and requirements.
- Strong understanding of Internet protocols and networking concepts.
- A BA or BS degree or equivalent years of experience is required.
- Experience with large scale hosted applications & service provider environments.
- Previous experience managing redundant solutions.
- Familiarity with enterprise class load balancing such as F5, Stingray, Citrix Netscaler, or HAProxy
- Deeper database experience, including aptitude writing and debugging complex SQL
- Experience managing and tuning J2EE environments.
- Familiarity with software release and change management processes.
- Experience managing global monitoring infrastructure and tools (Zenoss, Nagios, SCOM).
- Experience working with and implementing automation and configuration management (Puppet, Powershell, Perl, ect…).
- Familiarity of SIP, WebRTC, and streaming protocols (RTMP)
- Generous Stock Options
- Performance Bonuses
- Gym Membership
- Fully Stocked Kitchen
- Flexible Schedule
- Bi-Weekly Company Lunch
- Monthly Happy Hour
- Causal Dress Code