Technical Product Manager at Coho Data in Vancouver, BC, Canada
Technical Product Manager
Job Location: Vancouver, BC
Coho Data is delivering storage for the cloud generation. Led by a team of XenSource/Citrix virtualization and storage industry veterans, Coho Data is enabling businesses of all sizes to build their own high performance Amazon-style storage for all their data. Inspired by the highly scalable, commodity-hardware based approaches of public clouds, the company is developing the first flash-tuned scale-out storage architecture designed for the private cloud that delivers unparalleled performance at public cloud capacity pricing.
Founded in 2011 and funded by Andreessen Horowitz, Coho Data has offices in Vancouver, British Columbia and Sunnyvale, California. For more information, visit http://www.cohodata.com and follow us on Twitter at @cohodata.
The Technical Product Manager is the technical product expert for Coho Data’s DataStream scale-out storage offering. He/she needs to be a hands-on implementer of the DataStream product and fluent in the customer use cases of the product in order to own feature definition and guide roadmap planning. This is a highly visible role for a motivated, driven technical product manager who wants to lead the definition of a market-changing, cloud generation storage offering.
- Being highly knowledgeable about the market and competition for the enterprise storage market, using this information to shape the product strategy
- Understanding customer needs and requirements and communicating them via succinct written descriptions and having real customer data to help engineering define feature details.
- Work closely with the engineering team to formally review product functional specifications prior to development, providing feedback on early engineer releases and feature implementations
- Partner with development, QA, support & marketing to ensure that product meets requirements and stays within schedule
- Drive product strategy, roadmap, and release plans, taking into account business/product priorities and trade-offs
Skills and Experience:
- Strong hands-on knowledge of storage and virtualization technologies required, including key storage concepts and their applicability and use cases in virtual environments: NAS, SAN
- 3+ years of experience in product management, technical marketing or sales engineering, with a minimum of 2+ years direct experience in one or more of the following areas: server virtualization, enterprise storage systems, software-defined networking, distributed systems
- Candidate should have a broad knowledge of the enterprise IT space and key trends impacting the storage landscape
- Working knowledge of network and storage protocols: NFS, SMB, iSCSI, Ethernet,etc.
- Working knowledge of VMware vSphere 5 and storage management/backup products
- Ability to quickly understand technologies and architecture, and interpret and articulate them into customer-facing benefits
- Must be able to demonstrate both a passion for technologies and solutions, and a strong aptitude for business strategy.
- Willing to travel up to 25% in order evangelize Coho Data storage solution with partners, customers and business leaders.
- Exceptional people, presentation and written skills are a prerequisite.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical degree is highly desired.
- Strong self-starter with experience at fast-paced start-up highly desired.