We're sorry, but this job has been closed. See other open jobs at Cohesum
Not the right job?
Unix System Administrator at Cohesum in Owings Mills, MD
Required Skillsets and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates performance of system platforms and generates reports relating to results achieved against planned metrics. Works with operational personnel to determine optimum configuration and other parametric specifications to achieve overall system performance targets.
- Establishes and manages enterprise systems capacity management program to ensure reliability and availability of enterprise systems to meet business needs. Works with application, business and architecture teams to determine workload forecasts, establish service metrics and generate periodic usage reports and planning documents. Troubleshoots performance issues and provides recommendations to remediate applications and system issues.
- Communicates with IT and other Client Business Directors and other Corporate management to plan and implement capacity management program. The Associate also communicates with other IT and client personnel as well as vendors, consultants, auditors, the FEP Director’s Office (FEPDO), and the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) to coordinate and implement capacity management projects. Establish and maintains all policies and related governance processes related to Enterprise Capacity Management. Documents all related strategic and tactical planning materials. Represents IT Operations as an approver of architectural reviews of architecture solution documents.
- Researches technical, business and theoretical developments in the field to ensure that customers are receiving the most effective support to meet their business objectives. Represents Client as a subject matter expert in local and national user groups. Makes recommendations for implementing new technology to improve business functionality, customer service and provide cost savings.
- Recognized as subject matter expert for most complex and critical technologies.Leads a matrix team of people who have responsibility for strategy and development, including systems and application development, vendor management, and legacy systems integration. Facilitates communication between all key IT groups and the customer community via participation in meetings and the creation of status reporting mechanisms (weekly, monthly, and quarterly). Represents IT Operations and participates in CareFirst Enterprise Wide technology projects for most complex and critical technologies.
- The Enterprise Systems Capacity Planner is directly accountable for performing analysis studies for all installed and planned Client IT Infrastructure supporting all Client locations. This includes over thirteen hundred software products, two thousand four hundred servers and 3.2 Petabytes of storage.
- This is a highly available 24 x 7 environment supporting associates, customers and vendor relationships. Supported technologies include: UNIX, Windows, Oracle, WebSphere, MQSeries, and SAN Storage. Develops systems capacity and performance plans, and tracks accordingly.
- Experience in capacity planning and performance modeling and forecasting for IBM mainframe and distributed platforms, specifically Z/OS, AIX, Linux and Microsoft Windows.
- Must be able to proactively identify and resolve all availability and/or performance issues and trends.
- Create and communicate in written format, at a minimum, on a monthly basis, capacity utilization and trends.
- Create and communicate capacity models based on system utilization and mapping to business requirements and expectations.
NO THIRD PARTIES PLEASE!