Software Developer - Web (PHP) at Codero in Austin, TX
Do you wake up every morning wondering why some companies just cant seem to deliver a service level worthy of what you'd expect? Do you love technology and love solving really hard technical problems and engineering at scale? If so, we would love to talk to you!! In everything we do, we believe that delivering service is the highest calling one can have in life. We believe in challenging the status quo on technical design, service, and delivery. We challenge it by making our services perform beautifully, by having the most technically adept staff, and by making every human or technological interaction as simple and as pleasant as possible for the customer. We just happen to provide hosting and cloud, and we are about to set the hosting world on fire.
Codero is a leading provider of Dedicated, Managed, and Cloud Hosting services. We offer a fun, challenging, and rewarding working environment and the opportunity to work with world-class talent to help you build a world-class career.
If you love technology and love making customers smile, then come join us! You will be part of a dynamic group working every day to provide each of our customers a fabulous hosting experience so that we can to turn each one into a raving Codero advocate!
Software Developer - Web (PHP)
Type of Positions: Web Developer
Location: Austin, TX or Lenexa, KS
Compensation: Salary + Bonus
Codero Hosting is looking for a Web Developer who is passionate about Web technologies, to work with current team members to engineer to develop, implement, document, test and maintain Codero’s website. This position involves leading custom web development throughout the entire project life cycle. You will experience the freedom of building a custom web sites for a leading Cloud and Hosting company using your own leadership and programming skills. You need to be capable of full cycle project leadership including application architecture, design input, site layout/user interface, database design/programming, and web development.
The right individual for this role will be a motivated and energetic developer who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of challenges, is detail-oriented, and takes extreme pride in their work. If you thrive by working side by side with one of the most experienced and professional teams in the industry while leading your solutions to successful completion, consider this opportunity as the next level in your professional development.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Creation of site layout/user interface from provided design concepts by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Research, design and develop website, and future of Coder’s online presence
- Implementing proof of concept, prototypes and production-grade software.
- Maintain and support existing software and hardware systems, infrastructure and production for Codero’s web site.
- Assist support staff and team members in trouble-shooting software issues and implementing bug fixes.
- Placement and layout of web site pages.
- Development of robust and user-friendly web presence.
- Design and creation of relational database schemas.
- Application/Framework design as needed.
- Specifications/Requirements gathering as needed.
- Routine daily maintenance of existing site and applications.
- DAILY TASKS:
o Assist in gathering requirements and project specifications
o Attend project meetings
o Take ownership of daily project needs and communications.
o Communicate project status and deliverables
o Design, create and program Server databases per project needs.
o Manage project tasks, timelines, and communication.
o Perform routine site maintenance as needed.
o Other tasks as needed for successful project completion.
- Bachelors Degree required
- Strong knowledge in PHP version 5, both procedural and Object Oriented Design and Programming concepts & techniques
- Solid understanding of the PHP internals, familiarity with the PHP Extension and Application Repository - module framework and code style guidelines
- Ajax, XML/XSLT knowledge
- Sensitivity to security requirements in design and implementation
- Experience with source control systems ( Git )
- Experience with frameworks such as Ruby on Rails, Laravel, Codeignitor, Zend, Symfony
- 3+ years in software development. Expertise with deploying large-scale web applications and integrations with corporate infrastructure.
- Proven experience in server-side programming on the business logic tier and on the data tier.
- Experience working as part of a large geographically-distributed team.
- Experience RESTful API design and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Proficiency in debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Agile / Scrum
- A solid understanding of web application development processes, from the layout/user interface to relational database structures.
- Understanding the benefits of SEO and the development skills to support SEO are a plus.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Ability to communicate directly with the marketing team, the Sr. Web Designer, peers, and managers, while leading web development to a completed and successful solution.
- Strong organization skills to manage multiple timelines and complete tasks quickly within the constraints of Marketing teams’ timelines and budgets.
- Ability to grow professionally in a highly flexible and fast-moving environment.
- Awareness and pride in 100% satisfaction in their work.
CODERO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER