Network Engineer at Codero in Phoenix, AZ
Codero Hosting is a leading provider of Dedicated, Managed, Cloud and E-Mail Hosting services. Codero offers a fun, challenging, and rewarding working environment and the opportunity to work with world-class talent to help you build a world-class career.
If you love technology and love making customers smile, then come join us at Codero! You will be part of a dynamic group working every day to provide each of our customers a fabulous hosting experience and to turn each one into a raving Codero advocate!
Type of Position: Network Engineer
Location: Phoenix, AZ or Austin, TX
Compensation: Salary + Bonus
We offer an excellent benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) with a company match
Codero Hosting is looking for an experienced Network Engineer who is ready to make a difference. The candidate should have a proven track record of working in highly scalable datacenter networking environments or large-scale hosting experience.
The Network Engineer is expected to work both on tactical and strategic initiatives for the company. This position requires passion for networking and attitude to take ownership of complex projects and deliverables.
This position will participate in a 24x7 On-Call rotation process with other team members and will be required to perform off-hour work as-needed for network maintenance windows.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assist in the development of network-centric features, functionality and product-offerings for the company initiatives.
- Train/mentor other staff members in network technology and troubleshooting methods.
- Respond to customer support requests as-needed related to networking problems.
- Perform network maintenance activities
- Ability to work independently and in cross functional team projects
- Minimum of four (4) years hands-on network engineering experience with focus on datacenter and/or network security
- Minimum of three (3) years of hands-on experience with Cisco IOS and LAN switches
- Working knowledge of Cisco ASA family of firewalls
- Familiarity of load-balancer concepts and methods and standards
- Expert-level knowledge of IPv4, IPv6, OSPFv2, OSPFv3, BGP, SNMP, HSRP, Spanning-Tree and OSI networking models
- Ability to work in a geographically distributed-team that operates 24x7
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve complex layer2 and layer3 network problems
- Must have the ability to take networking ideas/concepts/issues and translate them for non-networking people via documentation and presentations
- Familiarity with virtualization, SDN concepts and other emerging network technologies and trends
- Knowledge of one or more development languages (Perl/PHP/Python/C++/BASH)
CODERO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER