Linux/Windows Technical Support Specialist Level 3 at Codero in Austin, TX
Codero is a leading provider of Dedicated, Managed, and Cloud Hosting services. Codero offers a fun, challenging, and rewarding working environment and the opportunity to work with world-class talent to help you build a world-class career.
If you love technology and love making customers smile, then come join us at Codero! You will be part of a dynamic group working every day to provide each of our customers a fabulous hosting experience and to turn each one into a raving Codero advocate!
Linux/Windows Technical Support Specialist Level 3
Type of Position: Linux/Windows Technical Support
Location: Austin, TX or Lenexa, KS
Compensation: Hourly + Commission
We offer an excellent benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) with a company match.
SUMMARY: Codero Hosting is looking for a passionate, articulate, and enthusiastic Level 3 Technical Support Specialist to provide Linux and Windows web-server management and assistance to our dedicated, cloud, and managed hosting clients. Technical Support Specialists are very quick learners, highly adaptable, and very experienced in web server administration and technologies. We are the best of the best and we eat, sleep, and breathe server hosting.
This a very demanding and intense position that will require the final candidate to reside in the immediate areas of Austin, TX or Lenexa, KS to collaborate with the Codero management and front line teams as well as be in close proximity in case of emergency. No telecommuting accepted.
TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum four (4) years of work-related to hands-on Linux or Windows server administration is a must.
- Very strong understanding of Windows and Linux server operating systems (CentOS, RHEL, Windows 2003 or newer).
- Very strong understanding of cPanel or Plesk control panels.
- Very strong understanding and experience implementing and maintaining services such as Apache, MySQL, PHP, FTP servers.
- Experience managing websites such as blogs, forum,etc.
- Experience hosting personal websites on dedicated servers or VPS.
- Experience working for a shared, dedicated, or managed hosting company.
- Experience working with VMWare and Xen.
- Experience working in a datacenter, or as part of a networking team.
- Certifications from Microsoft, Cisco, or RedHat (RHCE, MCSA, CCNA, etc.) preferred.
CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENTS
- Proven ability to interact with customers in a professional manner.
- Ability to multitask and perform support on phones, chats, and emails (preferably simultaneously).
- Ability to quickly research, learn and adapt to unknown/unexpected customer server issues.
- Excellent customer service and written/oral communication and documentation skills.
- Flexibility with shifts (weekends, nights, and holidays...we are a 24/7 operation).
- Attention to detail, speed, ability to multi-task, pride, and thoroughness in completing work tasks.
- Desire to be part of a fast-paced and dynamic team.
- Be part of a team, with best in breed cost structure, operations, and execution quality.
- Passionate about customers and helping them reach their goals.
- Desire and ability to provide an outstanding customer experience and go the extra mile in everything you do.
CODERO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER