Linux/Windows Technical Support Specialist Level 1 at Codero in Austin, TX
Codero is a leading provider of Dedicated, Managed, and Cloud Hosting services. Codero offers a fun, challenging, and rewarding working environment and the opportunity to work with world-class talent to help you build a world-class career.
If you love technology and love making customers smile, then come join us at Codero! You will be part of a dynamic group working every day to provide each of our customers a fabulous hosting experience and to turn each one into a raving Codero advocate!
Linux/Windows Technical Support Specialist Level 1
Type of Position: Linux/Windows Technical Support
Location: Austin, TX or Lenexa, KS
Compensation: Hourly Plus Commission
SUMMARY: Codero Hosting is looking for a passionate, articulate, and enthusiastic Technical Customer Support Specialist Level 1 to provide superior technical customer support to Codero’s Dedicated, Managed, and Cloud Hosting customers.
The Technical Customer Support Specialist Level 1 will work in an entrepreneurial start-up environment focused on providing reliable Dedicated, Managed, and Cloud Hosting services worldwide.
This is a very demanding and intense position that will require the final candidate to reside in the immediate areas of Austin, TX or Lenexa, KS to collaborate with the Codero management and front line teams as well as be in close proximity in case of emergency. No telecommuting accepted.
TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum two (2) years of Linux or Windows systems administration or hands-on experience is a must.
- Self-starter with minimum one (1) year of software, Web 2.0 technical support experience.
- Associates degree; technical degree preferred.
- Superior technical expertise and work ethic.
- Proven ability to interact with developers, colleagues, and cross-functional teams.
- Strong understanding of Linux-based operating systems and Windows servers.
- Strong understanding of internet networking connectivity technologies including firewalls, tcp, dns, dhcp, ssl, and load balancing.
- Understanding of most basic system administration tools and procedures; for example, BASH, MySQL, MsSQL, IIS, Apache, ProFTPd, Plesk, cPanel, and web control panels and ability to use backup programs, verify disk integrity, and maintain system files (groups, hosts, aliases).
- Perform preventive maintenance on servers.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and resolve causes of server performance problems.
- Review server error and audit logs and perform system backups/restores.
- Gather necessary data for issue replication, problem determination and/or escalation.
- Isolate and, when possible, resolve service performance issues.
- System administration experience and development experience highly desirable.
CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent people skills.
- Proven ability to clearly and effectively interact and communicate with customers in a friendly and personable manner via multiple channels (chat, phone, email).
- Research, resolve, and respond to customer questions and callbacks (via chat, phone and email) in a timely manner and in accordance with established standards, policies, procedures and service level agreements.
- Use interactive tools including chat, forums, email, monitoring and other web based social media to exceed customer expectations.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
- Provide creative solutions to customer problems to ensure customer productivity.
- When appropriate, escalate issues to appropriate individuals based on established guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to exercise judgment using procedures and practices to determine the appropriate course of action.
- Attend training sessions and possibly assist in training workshops. Participate in cross/team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of the Customer Support group.
- Be part of a team, with best in breed cost structure, operations, and execution quality.
- Passionate about customers and helping them reach their goals.
- Desire and ability to provide an outstanding customer experience and go the extra mile in everything you do.
CODERO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER