Copywriter at Codero in Austin, TX
Codero is a leading provider of Dedicated, Managed, and Cloud Hosting services. Codero offers a fun, challenging, and rewarding working environment and the opportunity to work with world-class talent to help you build a world-class career.
If you love technology and love making customers smile, then come join us at Codero, and be the voice of Codero to customers! You will be part of a dynamic group working every day to provide each of our customers a fabulous hosting experience and to turn each one into a raving Codero advocate!
Type of Position: Copywriter; Location: Austin, TX (working remotely from other locations may also be considered); Job Category: Contractor (with possibility of full-time employment); Compensation: Hourly
SUMMARY: Codero Hosting is looking for a passionate, articulate, and enthusiastic Copywriter to be the voice of Codero to the world! The role will develop creative marketing messages to support demand generation efforts, web marketing content and blog articles. A passion for creating a voice and connecting with both technical and business audiences will be the key to success. The Copywriter will work in an entrepreneurial start-up environment focused on providing reliable Dedicated, Managed and Cloud Hosting services to customers worldwide.
- Develop clear, concise and strategic messaging for a variety of web and promotional content, targeted at a broad set of customer segments.
- Write customer-centric technical content that uses the appropriate voice for a particular segment.
- Experience in online marketing and an understanding of how content drives response rates is required.
- Experience in Hosting or Cloud technologies highly desired.
- Produce highly responsive messaging with compelling calls-to-action.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, and product management teams to understand business objectives, services value proposition, message and audience.
- Condense large amounts of messaging and information into succinct and pithy customer communications
- Collaborate and work closely with colleagues in development, marketing and sales.
- Manage end-to-end content creation process, including obtaining approvals, fact-checking and editing/proofreading.
- Help ensure all communications maintain a high level of quality, feature a consistent tone and style, and support and reinforce the key messages and values of Codero Hosting.
- This is a contractor position initially, with the possibility of full-time employment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of marketing copywriting experience in the web hosting industry.
- Superior work ethic.
- Excellent people skills.
- Must be able to relate, understand, and connect with a technical IT audience.
- Experience working with or high degree of understanding of web hosting products and services is required.
- Experience writing quality content optimized for search.
- Proven ability to deliver high level content for multiple projects concurrently.
- Proven ability to balance brand voice with direct response effectiveness.
- Proven ability to align creative concepts with marketing and sales strategies.
- Proven ability to adapt writing to key customer segments and to write across a variety of media.
- Articulate thinker able to internalize creative direction, react quickly, and interact productively during brainstorms and meetings.
- Exceptional attention to detail; able to effectively multi-task in a deadline-driven environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Outstanding communication, time-management and editing/proofreading skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively as a member of a fast-paced, driven marketing team.
- Knowledge of methods and principles for promoting and selling hosting services
- Be part of a team, with best in breed work quality.
- Passionate about customers and helping them reach their goals.
- Desire and ability to go the extra mile in everything you do.
CODERO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER