Software Engineer - Visibility & Monitoring at CloudGenix Inc in Santa Clara, CA
Have you always had the itch to be part of a startup? Have you dreamt of taking on something transformational, unique and challenging that gives you a high every time? Well, you might be interested in what CloudGenix is after.
Right now in super-stealth mode, at CloudGenix we want to disrupt decades-old practices in networking. You can expect to be surrounded by super-energy folks and take on tough challenges in the networking space that have been safely shoved aside in the past..
- Lead the design and development of software stack that monitors, captures and tabulates L4-7 details at system forwarding rate.
- Engage with system and solution architects in shaping the first version of the product from scratch.
- Be the driving force behind the crucial “eyes” of the network that enables all other smart actions in the network.
- 0-5 years relevant experience with a BS or MS degree in relevant field. Fresh grads with interest, passion and exposure to networking and innovative ways to “interpret” the traffic are welcome to apply.
- Preferred: 1+ years as a software engineer on a project where you dealt with inspecting traffic/flows, identifying behavior and collecting vital data.
HANDS-ON experience with one or more of the following:
- Linux networking stack – L2/3 internals and L4 operations.
- TCP (L4) stack manipulation, packet loss and congestion detection, WAN facing protocol manipulations.
- Application (L7) level inspection of traffic flows and teasing out transactions, end points, application behavior.
- A framework for capturing vital and correlated data-points and statistics on TCP and UDP “flows”.
- Multi-core, scalable implementations.
- Remote device probes and implementations used in network monitoring.
- Exposure to Cloud based applications, their network behavior, their transactional details and measurements.
- Netflow, IPFIX, Application Response Time (ART) measurements.
- BIC, Reno, CUBIC, New Reno implementations.
- TCP and HTTP proxies.
While attractive compensation and standard benefits packages take care of your day-day life, we think you will love the atmosphere, engaging fun, sheer energy and camaraderie once you are onboard. We wrap that up with generous early-stage equity, free snacks, drinks and lunch.