Front End Developer at CloudFlare, Inc. in San Francisco, CA
At CloudFlare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal -- to build a better web. We believe that with our talented team, smart technology and engaged users we can solve some of the biggest problems on the web. We already serve more web traffic than Twitter, Bing, Wikipedia, Amazon, Apple, Instagram and Zynga combined. Anytime we push a line of code, it affects over 200 million web surfers overnight. We are still a small team, well-funded, growing quickly and focused on building a world-class company.
We are looking for a front-end developer to join our team. The ideal candidate will easily know their way around HTML, CSS and jQuery and be energized by working through projects quickly. We've got a great designer and strong backend folks who work quickly, so we are looking for someone who can round out the team and ship the front-end code. This team member will work on both our high traffic company website as well as our customer-facing web application front-end.
We work iteratively and deploy often (several times a day). We use PHP, Postgres (we use the hstore module for storing unstructured data within Postgres), Memcached, git, jQuery and SCSS (a superset of CSS with mixins and other goodness).
CloudFlare also generates a lot of data (over 20GB every minute). This position will have the opportunity to build dashboards to display the data in a meaningful way to our customers around the world.
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, and jQuery
- Experience writing reusable/modular code and JS frameworks
- Experience developing web applications and websites
- Experience with seamless integration of front to back end functionality
- Track record of building great interfaces with the user experience in mind
- Basic knowledge of server side scripting and databases
- Regard for front-end optimization in order to get the content to the user as quickly as possible
- Good understanding of the constantly evolving world of front-end development
- PHP knowledge
- Interest in displaying data through dashboards and charts (we currently use and like Highcharts)
- A/B and multivariate testing to validate which ideas will perform best
- Expertise at throwing nerf darts
We offer competitive salaries, equity, fantastic health benefits plan, a new laptop, monthly CalTrain / BART pass for commuters and the opportunity to work with a smart, motivated team where you will see your contribution daily. Our sunny offices are based in SOMA in San Francisco, CA.
Sound like somewhere you'd thrive? We'd love to hear from you. Submit your resume and a short paragraph to introduce yourself.