Technical Support Engineer at CloudFlare, Inc. in San Francisco, CA
At CloudFlare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal -- to build a better web. We believe that with our talented team, smart technology and engaged users we can solve some of the biggest problems on the web. We already serve more web traffic than Twitter, Bing, Wikipedia, Amazon, Apple, Instagram and Zynga combined. Anytime we push a line of code, it affects over 200 million web surfers overnight. We are still a small team, well-funded, growing quickly and focused on building a world-class company.
We are looking for a Technical Customer Support Engineer to join our team. You will work with our users with complicated technical support issues as well as the Technical Operations team that is responsible for running our global, distributed network. This is a position where you will learn the inner workings of CloudFlare's technology, while also getting to work directly with our customers.
- Familiarity with Linux and web programming
- You understand DNS and how the Internet works
- Experience with Apache, Nginx, IIS, and other web servers.
- You live at the command line, and only use a GUI when you have no other choice.
- You know that a curl isn't necessarily related to weightlifting or an Olympic sport
- Experience working in a support role where you thrived everytime you resolved a ticket
- Strong communication skills that allow you to be a bridge between customers and the engineering team
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL, and other database servers.
- Experience with popular blogging platforms, forum software and/or CRM software
- Interest in web security
- You have worked at a hosting company or a web development company
We offer competitive salaries, fantastic health benefits plan, new laptop, monthly CalTrain/BART pass and the opportunity to work with a smart, motivated team where you will see your contribution daily. Our sunny offices are based in SOMA in San Francisco, CA.
Sound like somewhere you’d thrive? We’d love to hear from you. Send us your resume and a short paragraph introducing yourself. Please include a short description of a customer support issue that you recently resolved too.