Systems Engineer at CloudFlare, Inc. in San Francisco, CA
At CloudFlare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal -- to build a better web. We believe that with our talented team, smart technology and engaged users we can solve some of the biggest problems on the web. We already serve more web traffic than Twitter, Bing, Wikipedia, Amazon, Apple, Instagram and Zynga combined. Anytime we push a line of code, it affects over 200 million web surfers overnight. We are still a small team, well-funded, growing quickly and focused on building a world-class company.
We are looking for a talented Systems Engineer to join our team. You will be part of a team that builds the core of the CloudFlare system and responsible for optimizing every line of code. You get excited about working on tough problems and love the satisfaction when you find a solution. The ideal candidate has strong attention to detail and a passion for optimization.
- Low level C/C++ coder
- Experience working with large scale C/C++ projects
- Good unix knowledge
- Experience (and love) for debugging to ensure the system works in all cases
- Strong systems level programming skills
- Familiarity working with DNS
- Experience with a web server / reverse proxy system (NGINX, Apache, Varnish)
- Experience with LUA
- Experience with Go (or a strong desire to learn)
- Knowledge of attack techniques (ethical hacking)
- You believe in making the web a better place
We offer competitive salaries, equity, fantastic health benefits plan, a new laptop, monthly CalTrain pass for commuters and the opportunity to work with a smart, motivated team where you will see your contribution daily. Our sunny offices are based in SOMA in San Francisco, CA.
Sound like somewhere you'd thrive? We'd love to hear from you. Submit your resume and two examples of your work.