Security Engineer at CloudFlare, Inc. in San Francisco, CA
At CloudFlare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal -- to build a better web. We believe that with our talented team, smart technology and engaged users we can solve some of the biggest problems on the web. We already serve more web traffic than Twitter, Bing, Wikipedia, Amazon, Apple and Instagram combined. Anytime we push a line of code, it affects over 200 million web surfers overnight. We are still a small team, well-funded, growing quickly and focused on building a world-class company.
CloudFlare is looking for a talented security engineer to join our team. We are working on a number of ambitious projects to secure the web and protect our customers from threats of all sorts. The role of security engineer at CloudFlare is more that of a builder than a breaker. You will have to approach problems with creativity and flexibility and be able to identify and use the best tools for the job or build better ones from scratch. At CloudFlare, we are serious about protecting our customers and advancing the state of the art in computer security.
- Strong systems-level programming skills
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, DNS)
- Experience with cryptographic libraries and APIs
- Expert in C/C++ and performance analysis
- Proficiency in Go and/or Lua or willingness to learn
- Strong understanding of security concepts (key management, access control, authentication)
- Understanding of Linux internals
- Interest in advancements in security and cryptography
- Contributions to the open source community
- Experience implementing production-grade cryptographic algorithms
- Knowledge or expertise in White-box cryptography
- Experience with DNSSEC
- Familiarity with compilers or code generation tools
- Experience with cryptographic hardware (TPM, HSM, etc.)
- Healthy sense of paranoia
We offer competitive salaries, fantastic health benefits plan, new laptop, monthly CalTrain pass and the opportunity to work with a smart, motivated team where you will see your contribution daily. Our sunny offices are based in SOMA in San Francisco, CA.
Sound like somewhere you’d thrive? We’d love to hear from you. Send us your resume and a short paragraph introducing yourself.
CloudFlare is a security company. All prospective employees will be subject to an extensive background check.
CloudFlare is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.