Lead Technology Editor at Circa in San Francisco, CA
Qualities of Circa's Lead Technology Editor:
- Understand the nuances and wide breadth of technology news from big topics like privacy, piracy, patents to small moving targets like gadgets, earnings and events.
- Able to research topics, write clear and concise pieces, condensing language into crystallized bits of information.
- Be comfortable learning a new content management system.
- Be comfortable and reliable telecommuting (East Coast candidates preferred).
- Ready to be a technology writer based in facts - not opinion.
- Have an appreciation for journalism’s mission and values without slavish obedience to culture and traditions.
- Have a journalism degree and/or equivalent working experience - we’re looking for serious folks.
Details of the job:
- The lead technology editor will be responsible for the technology section on Circa in coordination with Circa's lead editor.
- Work with at least one or more other journalists writing the technology section.
- The job does not entail getting bylines or clips. It is a leadership position in a fast rising startup.
- This position is considered full time and pay is competitive.
To Apply For the Job We Need:
- Name, email, resume and 3 references
- Quick cover letter, no more than 5 paragraphs. Why is this your perfect job?
- Links to news articles depicting a single story arc and your summary of the most important news point(s) boiled into as few words as possible. Bonus points for including quality media such as photos or videos.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Open vacation policy
- Our SF office is an open, collaborative layout decked out tons of natural lighting, adjustable height desks, white boards galore, and a bunch of casual seating for when you don't want to be at your desk.
- Lounge separate from the work space for when you need to give your brain a little break
Goal: To build a best-in-class mobile news application that makes it easier for people to stay on top of what's going on in the world.
Who we are: We are a media company as much as we are a tech company and therefore we need to hire smart news folks to power an editorial product that is optimized for truth, encourages diversity and informs busy readers.
Team: The company was founded by CEO, Matt Galligan (SimpleGeo, Socialthing), CTO, Arsenio Santos (Sonic Living, Digg), and Ben Huh (Cheezburger Network).
Check out our promo video for our iPhone app here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM-1iJ021ZY