QA Engineer at Cinchcast in New York, NY
Cinchcast is currently looking to hire a mid level QA engineer to join our highly talented, motivated and ambitious team.
Cinchcast provides cloud-based software and services for creating, distributing, measuring and monetizing voice-based content. We are a funded start up company based out of midtown Manhattan.
Our technology allows anyone, anywhere the ability to host a live web broadcast or recorded event using any telephone. Our network streams, archives and hosts millions of events every day. Cinchcast is a privately held company. Please visit www.cinchcast.com to learn more.
Our company culture is best described as highly collaborative, challenging and is an exciting place to work. Some of the perks include:
- Good camaraderie between engineers – a great place to learn!
- Engineers frequently work from home on Fridays
- Great new office space with lots of goodies in the kitchen
- Great opportunity to have an enormous impact at a fast growing start-up
- Your choice of hardware and software to get the job done
- Health insurance benefits
- Top-notch compensation + stock options
Job Description and Responsibilities
As a QA Engineer you will be responsible for gathering requirements and acceptance criteria, building and running test cases, and assuring overall quality of our fast growing web application. You will work closely with the engineers in the US and Argentina. You will be part of a small, and rapidly growing team of engineers. As QA Engineer you will participate at the different phases of the software development life cycle from integration testing, functional testing, system testing, acceptance testing and regression testing.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Work with development and product teams to resolve client facing issues
- Perform Regression testing and bug fix verification
- Create manual and automated test cases
- Execute test cases daily
- Perform Black-box and White-box testing
- 2+ years testing web applications
- Experience writing and executing test cases in an agile work environment
- Familiarity with bug tracking tools such as Bugzilla or Jira
- Good verbal and written communication skills - able to provide thorough bug reports, and relay them to development in an efficient manner
- Passionate and enthusiastic about all types of testing, both manual and automated
- Interest in working at a fast paced start-up company
- Must be able to work in the U.S.
- Ability to write automated GUI tests using Webdriver
- Comfortable with Java and/or Maven
- Basic SQL knowledge
We would like to get to know you better. Upon submitting your application, we ask that you please answer the following prescreen questionnaire (you can include it as your cover letter).
- What motivated you to apply for this position?
- Given a choice: would you launch a product with 5 features (2 of which were added very recently) or ship it with the 3 features that have been tested well? What kind of tests would you want to have for your features?
- Are you interested in using GUI test automation tools (e.g. Selenium, Watir, WebDriver)? In your experience, what have been the benefits and drawbacks of using such tools to test web applications?
We appreciate your time, and will thoroughly review each question answered.
We look forward to hearing from you!