School Operations Specialist at Choicelunch in North Hollywood, CA
Choicelunch serves almost 20,000 lunches a day to almost 300 schools throughout California.
Do you think it is exciting to change the way kids think about school lunch? Are you passionate about wholesome ingredients and the difference a healthy meal can make? If you enjoy interacting with kids while offering a high level of customer service, Choicelunch is interested in talking to you.
- Maintain healthy relationships with Hot Lunch Coordinators and key contacts at assigned schools.
- Regularly visit each assigned school to ensure we are performing to our best ability.
- Effectively deploy tastings, promotions, and other marketing tools to your schools to maximize participation.
- Effectively distribute content (nutritional, menu, marketing, etc) to Hot Lunch Coordinators for Newsletters, Family Envelopes, etc. to increase awareness at our schools.
- Problem solve all necessary problems as reported via the Hot Lunch Coordinator. Engage additional management as needed.
- Identify and problem-solve deficiencies at a school site before they reach a boiling point. Be proactive not reactive.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with subordinates, peers, management and owners in a professional manner.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure with the ability to solve problems in the moment and escalate to Site Manager as necessary.
- Ability to attend Back to School nights, make appearances at schools and train Hot Lunch Coordinators on best practices and procedures.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism, as well as to provide constructive criticism when necessary, and take responsibility for work and actions.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, flexible and dependable with a strong work ethic, and the ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
- Ability to train new schools on company policies, practices, procedures and work techniques, as well as provide on-going instruction and feedback to all Hot Lunch Coordinators/helpers.
- Ability to listen to our customer’s needs, address their concerns, and deliver high-touch Customer Service experience.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds safely, on a regular basis.
- For all of this, you will join an incredibly hard working, committed team of people who are passionate about feeding kids real food. If you are fortunate to have Choicelunch at your kid’s school, they can enjoy Choicelunch every day – saving you time and moolah!