Porter at Choicelunch in San Jose, CA
Reports To: Kitchen Manager
Pay Rate: $11-$13/hr
The Porter is a critical role in the kitchen area to ensure all aspects of receiving raw ingredients and packaging are of company standards. The Porter works closely with the Kitchen Manager to ensure all quality control, receiving, and kitchen related items are being met.
- Receives all product to company (raw ingredients, packaging, etc.).
- Maintains all storage space (dry, refrigerated, and freezer).
- Keeps all inventory and equipment in order, clean, and organized at all times.
- Follows established receiving procedures and is responsible for food storage according to HACCP program and health applicable regulations.
- Ensures proper receiving of product (inspects delivery vehicle, checks temperatures, ensures product is in good solid condition and meets all quality standards, and enters receipt on receiving log).
- Maintains FIFO food rotation practices and alerts Kitchen Manager to upcoming expiration dates.
- Manages food waste program (recording of waste level and removal)
- Records weekly and monthly inventories.
- Manages all invoices and packing slips (records items not delivered and ensures office receives all invoices and packing slips)
- Maintains refrigeration and freezer logs.
- Supports preventative maintenance on all equipment.
- 2-3 years culinary experience in a busy foodservices environment. Previous experience in a high volume commissary type facility a plus.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and physically perform requirements of job.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work well with others, participates as a team player, and inspires their team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong math skills.
- ServSafe certification.
Benefits: Medical, dental and vision after three months. 401K matching after one year.