Cook - Oven Loader at Choicelunch in San Jose, CA
Cook and Oven Loader
Reports To: Hot Production Supervisor
The Oven Loader will execute the accurate fulfillment of each day’s meals and will report to the Hot Lead Supervisor. The Oven Loader works with team members and coordinates the packout of hot meals.
- Execute oven packout according to approved SOPs from Kitchen Manager.
- Fulfills all orders according to packing slips and staging of ovens as communicated by Hot Lead Supervisor.
- Maintain a food safe environment, complying with State, Federal, and Choicelunch Food Safety Policies.
- Ability to learn and execute the operation of kitchen equipment in a safe, efficient manner.
- Effectively communicate to Management any issues of concerns that may affect food quality or safety.
- Keeps all oven equipment in working order, clean, and organized at all times.
- Supports preventative maintenance on oven equipment and advises management when repair or maintenance is needed.
- Maintains oven logs.
- Maintains and ensures daily delivery of and school transport logs.
- 2-3 years culinary experience in a busy foodservices environment. Previous experience in a high volume commissary type facility a plus.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and physically perform requirements of job.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work well with others, participates as a team player, and inspires their team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong math skills.
- ServSafe certification a plus.