Business Development Manager (Management-Level Role) at Choicelunch in San Ra...
Business Development Manager
Headquartered in San Ramon, Choicelunch is seeking a Business Development Manager to build, assess, and manage our business development teams in Northern and Southern California. We are seeking an aggressive, experienced, and highly energetic leader capable of making critical business decisions and guiding a team that consistently exceeds expectations.
This role will be responsible for managing new business development as well as retention. You will work with Senior Management to set strategic objectives and run the day-to-day operations of the Business Development team. You will report to our Vice President of Marketing & Business Development.
- Leading your business development team to winning highly coveted key accounts
- Growing the business through the acquisition of new accounts
- Leading your account management team to retain current accounts and protect competitive advantage
- Building relationships with key personnel in education and in the community, executing engagement strategy
- Hiring, firing, managing, and most importantly, developing a team of Business Development Representatives, ensuring they perform to individual expectations as well as collective goals
- Collect market intelligence and customer feedback, reporting to executives to help improve the customer experience
- Accurate pipeline and revenue forecasting
- A four-year college degree with an emphasis in business
- At least five years experience managing successful sales or business development teams; what does successful mean? You’ve hit your goals consistently, quarter after quarter after quarter…
- A manage-by-the-numbers skill set, including the abilities to 1) quickly assess program efficiency, 2) establish and hold your team accountable to metrics, and 3) report on the health of your department through predictive and introspective key performance indicators in addition to win/loss rates
- Demonstrated capabilities in prospecting, contract negotiation, closing customers, and account management
- Thorough understanding of pricing models in B2B proposal and contract development
- Thorough knowledge of and fidelity to Salesforce.com
- Commitment to developing your team and building positive relationships with all levels of management
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; the ability to be personable, yet persistent, empathetic, yet driven
- A proactive management style and attitude with the willingness to get your hands dirty to help the team succeed
- An independent work ethic and willingness to take full ownership of your role
- A dedication to our customers, both in service and advocacy
- A strong sense of integrity
Bonus Skills Include:
- A passion for nutrition, healthy living, and education
- A passion for technology
- Experience with Agile business processes and Color Team methodology
- A great sense of humor, grace under fire, and the ability to play outfield on our softball team
- This position is responsible for Northern and Southern California territories. Travel requirements will depend on your ability to effectively manage your remote staff
Our mission is to make healthy, nutritious, and delicious meals available to every student in school. The largest service provider of its kind in the US, Choicelunch is growing rapidly. We are a values-driven company committed to creating a challenging, educational, and fun environment for our employees. If you feel like you’d be a good fit for this position, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary history/requirements to email@example.com. Applications missing any of these pieces will not be considered. Local candidates only; no relocation assistance provided.
We offer highly competitive compensation packages to qualified candidates.