Accounts Receivable/ Billing Specialist at Chango in Toronto, ON, Canada
Chango is a successful, rapidly growing venture backed start-up, headquartered in Toronto, Canada, with offices in New York and San Francisco. Join one of the most innovative companies (AdTech IA, Deloitte CTW, Top 100 Canadian start-up and eTail Rising Star). We are growing rapidly to meet the needs of our impressive client base, including 55 of the top 500 retailers and internationally recognized advertising agencies (iCrossing) in the US and Canada.
Essential Functions of the Position Include, but Are Not limited to, the Following:
- Set up and review customer accounts; maintain regular contact with customers regarding account status to ensure account information remains correct and up-to-date.
- Draft customer invoices and review information prior to mailing to ensure customer-billing requirements are met.
- Maintain and develop strong customer relations with both internal and external customers.
- Maintenance of A/R accounts, including collection of over-due accounts and 3rd party collection arrangements
- Provide credit applications to customers and review; forward for approval; allow or deny limits
- Resolve disputed invoices by partnering with Sales, Operations and customer.
- Reconcile customer accounts.
- Communicate with account managers when customers exceed credit limits or to collect outstanding monies
- Proactively identify customers that exceed payment terms and take corrective action to resolve issues.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- 3 - 5 years collections experience.
- Dealing with Ad agencies would be an asset
- Solid mathematical skills and demonstrated experience using Microsoft programs such as Excel and Word.
- Familiar with QuickBooks
- Details oriented with ability to accurately and efficiently complete repetitive and routine tasks.
- Strong organizational, communications and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Competitive Salary, company paid health benefits, stock options and 3 weeks vacation