Product / UX Lead at ChallengePost in New York, NY
You understand that user experience is more than just a buzzword. You’re curious about the world and the web and like to try new things. You enjoy taking complex concepts and designing flows and features that simplify the experience and delight users. You believe in testing to prove your hypothesis. You know when to use a pen & paper, low-fi wireframes or other to get your point across.
ChallengePost is a web platform that connects talented problem solvers with rewarding challenges. We’re well-funded and based in the meatpacking district in New York City. Our clients include First Lady Michelle Obama and the USDA, the City of New York (and the NYC BigApps challenge), Thomson Reuters, Samsung, and more. We also were chosen to create and power the US Governmentwide Challenge Platform across all federal agencies for crowdsourced problem-solving: http://Challenge.gov. We are a lean team, and our business is growing rapidly.
- Build features from scratch, including the conceptual work, sketching, and wireframing
- Decide on interactions for elements on a page
- Design solutions to problems discovered in user testing
- Work directly with Ruby on Rails engineers to clarify details as they build your work
- Work with QA to have tests that cover your features
- You’re passionate about user-centered design
- You view a large problem as many small ones
- You believe in metrics-driven product improvements
- You work well with teams
- You think deeply about problems before proposing a solution
- You’re interested in the intersection between technology and design
- You’ll say “I don’t know” before giving a B.S. answer
- Experience with usability testing
- Experience working on an Agile team (We deploy to production multiple times per week.)
- Some knowledge of statistics, photoshop, html / css
- Knowledge of taxonomies
- Familiarity with challenges and crowdsourcing
The Culture & Location
We’re more focused on deliverables than meetings. Everyone’s opinion is respected and all ideas are given equal consideration. It’s a culture of meaningful work by dedicated, hard-working individuals, but the environment is relaxed and creative too. Our offices are in the meatpacking district.
Benefits and perks
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- High-quality Benefits
- No vacation policy (that means time off whenever you want it)
In your cover letter, tell us:
- What work best exemplifies what you can do? Add links to a portfolio or live sites that you were involved with.
- Why you might be uniquely qualified for this job