Fulfillment Operations Manager at Chairish, Inc. in San Francisco, CA
Chairish is an online home furnishings marketplace that makes it delightfully simple for design lovers to buy and sell fabulous pre-owned home furnishings. The founding team consists of seasoned entrepreneurs and design lovers who successfully started Hotwire, TripIt and have worked at interesting places like Levi’s, eBay, Expedia, Yahoo and more. Our mission is to make everyone’s home more beautiful, one piece at a time!
Looking for an exciting ground floor opportunity to help build a World Class Fulfillment Operations team? Look no further! Our Fulfillment Operations Manager will take ownership of delivering an exceptional delivery experience. Our results-oriented candidate will have a detailed understanding of shipping and delivery across a variety of platforms on both a strategic and tactical level, as well as take ownership of delivering outstanding support to Chairish’s buyers and sellers in the delivery process.
- Develop inventory management process for items stored with warehouse vendors
- Manage existing relationships with warehouse and shipping partners and establish new partnerships as needed
- Coordinate and document fulfillment activities with buyers, sellers and shipping partners to ensure smooth pickup and delivery for all orders
- Continuously streamline and automate shipping processes and procedures to increase service quality and reduce transit time and costs
- Reconcile shipping estimates with actual shipping invoices and recommend adjustments to shipping algorithms as appropriate
- Broaden shipping options as needed to support larger variety of product offerings
- Help hire and manage team as needed to support growth
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Ideally at least 6 years of previous experience with shipping logistics and/or supply chain management
- High energy and excellent attention to detail
- Strong team player with a demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally to deliver outstanding results
- Effective managing and mentoring junior staff
- A passion for beautiful home décor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent experience) preferred
Chairish, Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is located in the heart of San Francisco. Join us as one of the first ten employees and trust that this is not our first time – we know how to start successful businesses! We offer a chance to be part of the early days and work with talented people in a collaborative environment. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.chairish.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please provide your salary requirements with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No Phone Calls
No Agencies or Recruiters