Senior Linux Sys Admin at CareCloud in Miami, FL
You will be a critical member of the Technical Operations team for a fast-growing, successful Healthcare IT organization. This team is responsible for the continuous, successful operation of our company’s core assets – the engine of our business.
In this role, you will be a key contributor to our day-to-day system operations. Your advanced system administration skills will be utilized on projects to dig deep into our application architecture and perform sophisticated performance tuning, monitoring and scaling.
Skills & Requirements
The candidate must be proficient and have real world experience with the following technologies:
Nginx, Apache, Postgres, Ruby, Rails, Passenger, Haproxy, Memcached, Redis, Nagios, Chef or Puppet, shell scripting, Apache Tomcat, Solr, EC2 and Cloud Computing all in a pure linux environment.
- At least 5 years experience working in a production, Linux-based environment (hundreds or thousands of servers); at least 3 years personal experience supporting open source software. Minimum 3+ yrs of Linux configuration and administration, core operating systems expertise, including networking setup and maintenance, security and filesystems.
- BS/MS in a technical field, or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Deep understanding of Cloud Computing, AWS is a must.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver project milestones and production deadlines.
- Solid understanding of load balancing, horizontal scaling, UNIX-related network services, TCP/IP networking, DNS and HTTP(s)
- Ability to resolve or escalate problems
- Experience deploying distributed monitoring infrastructure with a large web-based company
- Available for on-call support, although the preferred candidate will be able to define and create a work environment where they won't be called at 3AM
- Experience with common development tools and practices
- Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized tools for every day tasks.
- Customer Service oriented personality
- The mental agility to cope with rapidly changing, ridiculously complicated, high-performing environments supporting massive loads effortlessly is a must.
· Responsible for maintaining, documenting and improving our growing infrastructure
· Responsible for maintaining impeccable uptime by proactively monitoring and implementing disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
· Maintain and expand our high frequency monitoring system
· Dig deep into our stack, from kernel to app to troubleshoot problems and improve system performance.
· Lead efforts to evaluate new tools and technologies and take leading edge techniques and technologies into use in our operational stack.
· Comfortable in 24x7 operations, you are experienced in the operations environment and capable of dealing with incidents and performing on-call shift rotations.
· Lead and direct team members’ technical work. Use your experience to mentor and coach team members. Must be an excellent verbal and written communicator.
· Deploy servers as needed utilizing scripts/recipes, manage running instances and maintain cloud infrastructure
· Experience in Ubuntu, RHEL/CentOS, FreeBSD is a plus
· Experience with Amazon Web Services: CloudFront, Ec2, s3, VPC etc.
· Experience with Eucalyptus/CloudStack is highly desired
· Experience in scripting languages: Bash/Ruby/Python/Perl
· Experience with Rightscale Cloud Management Platform is highly desired
This is a partial list of the technologies we use; the right candidate must be proficient with the majority of this list:
· Ruby on Rails