Senior Collection Specialist at CareCloud in Miami, FL
CareCloud is currently seeking a Senior Collection Specialist to join our award-winning team. You must have both excellent industry knowledge and incredible customer service to apply for this position.
CareCloud is a Miami, Florida-based provider of amazing apps which modernize healthcare management. We have received praise and recognition from IBM, Red Herring, TechCrunch, Healthcare IT News, Webby Awards, AlwaysOn, and other global business and trade organizations for vision and innovation in healthcare technology.
Title: Senior Collection Specialist
Overall Position Description:
The Collector is responsible for maintaining a designated level of collections by means of payments and pushing denied claims through to payment. The Medical Collection Specialist is responsible for collecting outstanding receivables from insurance companies, patients and physicians.
The primary objective of the Collector is to maximize the clients’ claims collections.
General Areas of Responsibility:
- Maintain designated percentage of collections as defined by the department manager
- Conduct payment follow-up activities on outstanding patient and insurance accounts
- Review, revise, re-process and follow-up on all denials
- Prepare client request forms
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent working knowledge of insurance carriers’ payment regulations including various reimbursement schemes, coinsurance and deductibles, and contractual adjustments
- Knowledge of Medicare, managed care and commercial insurances
- Working knowledge of HIPAA regulations and compliance
- Works with payers to determine reasons for denials, corrects and reprocesses claims for payment in a timely manner
- Reduces claims in the over 90-day categories
- Mails, faxes or emails all appropriate collections correspondence
- Identifies uncollectible accounts and acquires approval for Bad-Debt Write/off
- Maintains relationships with insurance companies
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to be able to work successfully in a team-oriented environment
- Technical aptitude
- High attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Experience collecting on health plan claims
- Minimum 3 year of experience in medical collections
- Minimum Education level: High school
- Associates Degree from college preferred or Certificate from a technical school for billing