Web/UI Designer at BuzzFeed in New York, NY
We're looking for a web designer with excellent visual and user interface design skills. We're a new kind of media company for the social world. Our technology powers the social distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is a rapidly growing hub for media that reaches over 20 million monthly unique visitors and our network tracks an additional 300M uniques. This role will report directly to our Head of Product.
This job is based in our NYC offices, and we offer competitive compensation and stock option program.
- Play a key role in bringing to life products on the web from idea to execution
- Create pixel perfect visual designs based on UX wireframes and specs
- Maintain, contribute and adhere to our best practices and brand guidelines
- Write best-in-class front-end code to the highest standard
- Ability to complete and juggle multiple projects and responsibilities whilst having fun
- Strong visual and user focused design skills and an eye for detail
- Experience designing simple and intuitive web and mobile web user interfaces
- Strong front-end skills writing beautifully hand-crafted HTML and CSS
- Solid understanding of web standards and accessibility
- Experience working with a version control system (Specifically Git)
- Comfortable working in a small, agile product and development environment
BuzzFeed is at the forefront of a major shift in the advertising industry away from traditional banner ads towards "social advertising" that engages consumers, inspires sharing, and produces viral lift, or "earned media."
BuzzFeed's industry leading technology and unique social distribution engine is used by top brands such as GE, Kraft, and Coca Cola to go beyond banners, turbo charging their social advertising and branded content initiatives.
Jonah Peretti, founder & CEO of BuzzFeed, previously cofounded the Huffington Post and is a graduate of the MIT Media Lab.
BuzzFeed is backed by: NEA, Softbank, Hearst, RRE, Lerer Ventures, SV Angel and Founder Collective.