Video Producer at BuzzFeed in New York, NY
BuzzFeed is looking for a creative and resourceful jack-of-all-trades who can conceive and exexcute compelling short form video content for the web and other digital platforms, and deliver on time and on budget. Must be a native of the digital and pop cultural landscape with intimate knowledge of the latest and greatest in social media, content and emerging technology/platforms.
- Conceive, write, edit and produce videos for BuzzFeed.com
- Organize freelancers and junior staff; manage a team to complete projects and tasks
- Create new recurring video features to live on BuzzFeed and other video sharing services
- 3-5 years of experience creating video content
- A competitive drive -- you enjoy winning and really going for it
- Proven ability to create compelling, professional web video
- A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters)
BuzzFeed is a new kind of media company for the social world. Our technology powers the viral distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is a rapidly growing hub for viral media that reaches over 20 million monthly unique visitors and our viral media network reaches an additional 300M.
BuzzFeed is at the forefront of a major shift in the advertising industry away from traditional banner ads towards "social advertising" that engages consumers, inspires sharing, and produces viral lift, or "earned media."
BuzzFeed's industry leading technology and unique social distribution engine is used by top brands such as GE, Kraft, and Coca Cola to go beyond banners, turbo charging their social advertising and branded content initiatives.
Jonah Peretti, founder & CEO of BuzzFeed, previously cofounded the Huffington Post and is a graduate of the MIT Media Lab.
BuzzFeed is backed by: NEA, Softbank, Hearst, RRE, Lerer Ventures, SV Angel and Founder Collective.