Video Intern at BuzzFeed in New York, NY
BuzzFeed.com needs a video intern. We're a new kind of media company for the social world. Our technology powers the social distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is a rapidly growing hub for media that reaches over 20 million monthly unique visitors and our network tracks an additional 300M uniques.
This is a paid internship based in our NYC offices. Please note this is not a summer internship. We are looking to have someone start as soon as possible.
- Explain how the internet works to the Managing Editor, who is very old and sometimes clueless
- Work with the video team to shoot and edit awesome videos
- Work closely with our Video Producer to manage projects through each phase of production
- Edit existing footage to create original videos
- You want badly to work in video production, especially as an editor
- Expert knowledge of Final Cut Pro 7 (should know FCP X as well)
- Firm grasp of Adobe Creative Suite, including After Effects
- Experience shooting with professional video cameras, especially the Sony EX-1 or EX-3
- Ability to work independently and edit videos to meet strict deadlines
- Experience managing a YouTube channel
BuzzFeed is at the forefront of a major shift in the advertising industry away from traditional banner ads towards "social advertising" that engages consumers, inspires sharing, and produces viral lift, or "earned media."
BuzzFeed's industry leading technology and unique social distribution engine is used by top brands such as GE, Kraft, and Coca Cola to go beyond banners, turbo charging their social advertising and branded content initiatives.
Jonah Peretti, founder & CEO of BuzzFeed, previously cofounded the Huffington Post and is a graduate of the MIT Media Lab.
BuzzFeed is backed by: NEA, Softbank, Hearst, RRE, Lerer Ventures, SV Angel and Founder Collective.