Systems Administrator at BuzzFeed in New York, NY
BuzzFeed is hiring a Systems Administrator. We're a new kind of media company for the social world. Our technology powers the social distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is a rapidly growing hub for media that reaches over 60 million monthly unique visitors.
This job is based in our NYC offices and offers a competitive compensation with stock options.
- Manage, maintain and scale our production servers and infrastructure
- Manage and maintain MongoDB instances
- System configuration management and automation
- Manage, Maintain and scale Amazon EC2 instances
- Production Backups and disaster recovery
- At least 3 years experience in a similar role
- Strong Unix/Linux skills
- Experience managing and scaling web servers and high traffic web applications
- Experience managing and scaling MySQL servers
- Strong knowledge of networking topology design and administration
- Experience with system monitoring: Nagios, Cacti, Munin
- Experience with MongoDB a plus
- Experience with Amazon AWS, EC2, S3 a plus
BuzzFeed is the leading social news organization, intensely focused on delivering high-quality original reporting, insight, and social content across a rapidly expanding array of subject areas. BuzzFeed’s technology powers the social distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in real-time with the hottest content of the moment. BuzzFeed.com is growing rapidly and reaches more than 60 million monthly unique visitors.