Support Specialist at BuzzFeed in New York, NY
BuzzFeed is growing like crazy and we need your help! We have a rapidly expanding team of editors, creatives, account managers (plus community members) who occasionally encounter issues on our site or publishing tools that they need help resolving.
This job is based in our NYC offices, and we offer competitive compensation and stock option program.
- You will be the first contact for support and help issues from BuzzFeed staffers and community members
- You will help diagnose problems and direct issues to people who can help (QA team, product managers, developers)
- When not dealing with support issues you will work with our product team to write and update our documentation and training materials (knowledge base, FAQs, wikis, etc.)
- You love to solve problems
- You have amazing communication skills and a helpful, positive attitude
- You write clear, easy to understand documentation that is also fun to read! Bonus if you have experience making screencasts.
- You are unflappable and can calmly handle many concurrent tasks
- Although you don’t need to be a programmer you have a good handle on how the web works—for example you know what a cookie is, you can write some simple HTML tags, and you use Twitter and Facebook
- You love BuzzFeed and internet culture/social media
- Experience in a support or training-related role is a big plus
- No haters!
Instead of a cover letter, please send us instructions on how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Text, images, video... the format for your PB&J tutorial is up to you, as long following your instructions results in a really delicious sandwich.
BuzzFeed is a new kind of media company for the social world. Our technology powers the viral distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is a rapidly growing hub for viral media that reaches over 20 million monthly unique visitors and our viral media network reaches an additional 300M.
BuzzFeed is at the forefront of a major shift in the advertising industry away from traditional banner ads towards "social advertising" that engages consumers, inspires sharing, and produces viral lift, or "earned media."
BuzzFeed's industry leading technology and unique social distribution engine is used by top brands such as GE, Kraft, and Coca Cola to go beyond banners, turbo charging their social advertising and branded content initiatives.
Jonah Peretti, founder & CEO of BuzzFeed, previously cofounded the Huffington Post and is a graduate of the MIT Media Lab.
BuzzFeed is backed by: NEA, Softbank, Hearst, RRE, Lerer Ventures, SV Angel and Founder Collective.