Staff Writer, LA at BuzzFeed in Los Angeles, CA
- Write, edit, and produce posts for BuzzFeed.com
- Make stuff that people like to share
- Generate ideas for new features and post types
- Contribute to the conversation about culture
- High emotional intelligence
- The ability to take perspective of others
- A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters)
- A competitive drive -- you enjoy winning, really going for it
- A genuine, wide-eyed love of pop culture in all its forms
- Proven ability to get viral traffic
- Established social media presence
BuzzFeed is the leading social news organization, intensely focused on delivering high-quality original reporting, insight, and social content across a rapidly expanding array of subject areas. BuzzFeed’s technology powers the social distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in real-time with the hottest content of the moment. BuzzFeed.com is growing rapidly and reaches more than 60 million monthly unique visitors.
Jonah Peretti, founder & CEO of BuzzFeed, is an MIT Media Lab grad who previously co-founded the Huffington Post. Ben Smith is its Editor-in-chief, Google alum Jon Steinberg is President and COO, and Huffington Post co-founder Kenneth Lerer serves as Executive Chairman.
BuzzFeed is backed by: NEA, Softbank, Hearst, RRE, Lerer Ventures, SV Angel and Founder Collective.