Sports Writer at BuzzFeed in New York, NY
BuzzFeed's sports desk is looking for a New York-based senior writer. We want a do-it-all individual who can work the phones and report stories on the ground, but also feels comfortable in the online media world and can write with personality. We want a star, someone whose byline will mean "must-read" to both average fans and influential figures.
- Covering sports creatively via reporting, opinion, analysis, humor, photos, videos, and graphics
- Posting 8-12 stories of varying lengths each week
- Occasionally working at night or during the weekend
- Minimum five years' experience
- Sizable Twitter following
- Interest in and understanding of the way stories and ideas travel online
- Some reporting background
- Ability to write well quickly
- Knack for coming up with a good headline
- A wry, skeptical, playful, and curious — and not mean-spirited — worldview
- General aura of keeping it locked down like Snoop in ‘94
BuzzFeed is the leading social news organization, intensely focused on delivering high-quality original reporting, insight, and social content across a rapidly expanding array of subject areas. BuzzFeed’s technology powers the social distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in real-time with the hottest content of the moment. BuzzFeed.com is growing rapidly and reaches more than 60 million monthly unique visitors.
Jonah Peretti, Founder & CEO of BuzzFeed, is an MIT Media Lab grad who previously co-founded the Huffington Post. Ben Smith is its Editor-in-chief, Google alum Jon Steinberg is President and COO, and Huffington Post co-founder Kenneth Lerer serves as Executive Chairman.
BuzzFeed is backed by: NEA, Softbank, Hearst, RRE, Lerer Ventures, SV Angel and Founder Collective.