Sports Reporter at BuzzFeed in New York, NY
Sports reporting experience preferred.
This job is based in our NYC offices, and we offer competitive compensation and stock option program.
- Write, edit, and produce posts for BuzzFeed's Sports vertical
- Make stuff that people like to share
- Generate ideas for new features, contest, collaborative posts and videos
- Contribute to the conversation about culture
- High emotional intelligence
- At least two years of reporting experience. Sports experience preferred
- Thorough, obsessive-level sports knowledge of everyone from LeBron James to Jack Hannahan
- A competitive, obsessive drive
- A genuine love of sports in all its forms
- Proven ability to get viral traffic
- Established social media presence
BuzzFeed is at the forefront of a major shift in the advertising industry away from traditional banner ads towards "social advertising" that engages consumers, inspires sharing, and produces viral lift, or "earned media."
BuzzFeed's industry leading technology and unique social distribution engine is used by top brands such as GE, Kraft, and Coca Cola to go beyond banners, turbo charging their social advertising and branded content initiatives.
Jonah Peretti, founder & CEO of BuzzFeed, previously cofounded the Huffington Post and is a graduate of the MIT Media Lab.
BuzzFeed is backed by: NEA, Softbank, Hearst, RRE, Lerer Ventures, SV Angel and Founder Collective.