Rewind Intern at BuzzFeed in New York, NY
BuzzFeed Rewind is seeking a full-time intern to join our team in our New York City office. BuzzFeed Rewind is the website's nostalgia section and we're looking for someone who has an interest in anything vintage or retro. Our ideal candidate is someone who is obsessed with anything retro and vintage. Do you love the 1920s? The 1970s? The 1880s? Basically, we're looking for people with an interest in history, not just the '90s! The responsibilities for this job include unearthing old photographs on online photo archives, growing our social media presence specifically on Pinterest, as well as posting items to the site.
This is a paid internship based in our NYC offices. We are looking to hire someone that can start as soon as possible!
- Searching through online photo archives, for example the National Archives on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/usnationalarchives) and finding awesome photos.
- Pitching ideas in Rewind brainstorming sessions
- Perform research as assigned by editors
- Write posts that people want to share! We are looking for most posts about things that happened more than 20 years ago!
- An interest in history!
- Overall eagerness and enthusiasm
- Strong organizational skills
- A positive, curious, playful disposition
- Comfort with the fast pace of internet publishing
- Previous experience in an editorial role at a school newspaper, or other internship at a magazine or website. Blogging experience is a plus
Candidates should apply through the JobScore site and please include the following:
- Your resume
- A cover letter that explains why you'd be right for the job and what retro blogs you already read
- Any BuzzFeed posts you've already created on our site
- Your blog, twitter account, tumblr and any other social media aspects to your life that you think we should see
BuzzFeed is the leading media company for social news and entertainment, intensely focused on delivering high-quality original reporting, insight, and viral content across a rapidly expanding array of subject areas. Our technology powers the social distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is rapidly growing and reaches more than 80 million monthly unique visitors. Jonah Peretti, founder & CEO of BuzzFeed, previously co-founded the Huffington Post. Ben Smith is its Editor-in-Chief, Jon Steinberg is its President & COO and Kenneth Lerer is the Executive Chairman.