Product/UX Lead - Engagement at BuzzFeed in New York, NY
BuzzFeed is seeking an experienced designer who is passionate about creating innovative products and great user interfaces with beautiful front-end code. We're a new kind of media company for the social world. Our technology powers the social distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is a rapidly growing hub for media that reaches over 25 million monthly unique visitors.
This is a great opportunity to make a huge impact as an intergral part of our lean product/development team.
This job is based in our NYC offices, and we offer competitive compensation and stock option program.
- Develop strategies for increasing engagement across product lines and work with designers and developers to implement tests and changes
- Use and develop our testing frameworks to improve our ability to test continually and agilely
- Work with our head of product to define vision and strategy for increasing engagement
- Create and analyze metrics for products that you constantly use to evaluate success
- Work on continually optimizing article pages to increase sharing, engagement, recirculation
- Work to community team to improve user retention
- 1-3 years experience in Product Management and / or Product Design developing Internet technologies
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Interaction Design, or a related field (technical experience is required; while you won’t be writing code you should understand the technical implications of the product decisions you make
- Solid analytical skills
- Experience designing simple and intuitive web/mobile user interfaces; ability to create examples through wire frames and mock ups
- Demonstrated experience planning and executing large-scale projects
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills (verbal & written).
- Passion for BuzzFeed and desire to innovate social news and advertising
- Bonus points for in experience developing mobile, social, web apps
BuzzFeed is a new kind of media company for the social world. Our technology powers the viral distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is a rapidly growing hub for viral media that reaches over 20 million monthly unique visitors and our viral media network reaches an additional 300M.
BuzzFeed is at the forefront of a major shift in the advertising industry away from traditional banner ads towards "social advertising" that engages consumers, inspires sharing, and produces viral lift, or "earned media."
BuzzFeed's industry leading technology and unique social distribution engine is used by top brands such as GE, Kraft, and Coca Cola to go beyond banners, turbo charging their social advertising and branded content initiatives.
Jonah Peretti, founder & CEO of BuzzFeed, previously cofounded the Huffington Post and is a graduate of the MIT Media Lab.
BuzzFeed is backed by: NEA, Softbank, Hearst, RRE, Lerer Ventures, SV Angel and Founder Collective.