Office Manager at BuzzFeed in New York, NY
BuzzFeed is growing rapidly and is looking for the right person to the office running smoothly and our employees happy. We are seeking an extroverted, efficient, and adaptable individual to join our ranks as an Office Manager. We're a new kind of media company for the social world. Our technology powers the social distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is a rapidly growing hub for media that reaches over 20 million monthly unique visitors and our network tracks an additional 300M uniques. The person will work closely with editors of the soon-to-launch women's interest vertical.
This job is based in our NYC offices, and we offer competitive compensation and stock option program.
- Office related supply ordering, refilling and organizing: snacks, soda/coffee, office supplies
- Receptionist duties: answering buzzer and greeting visitors, accepting packages for the office, distributing mail, answering main office line and emails, etc
- Set up new employees with appropriate materials and information
- Maintain outside vendor relationships (teleco, service contracts)
- In charge of weekly company lunch order and set up
- Set up and plan in office events including bi-weekly happy hour, new hire orientation, etc
- Set up and plan out of office events including company parties, client events, industry events, etc
- Organize/maintain cleanliness of the office
- Coordinate moves, facility setups, move-ins
- Office Manager or admin experience, ideally at a startup
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt in situations of frequent responsibility and focus change
- Self-starter who identifies and improves the workings of the company in addition to responding to specific requests
- Proficiency with Google Apps (Gmail, Google calendar), Powerpoint, MS Word, basic Excel.
BuzzFeed is at the forefront of a major shift in the advertising industry away from traditional banner ads towards "social advertising" that engages consumers, inspires sharing, and produces viral lift, or "earned media."
BuzzFeed's industry leading technology and unique social distribution engine is used by top brands such as GE, Kraft, and Coca Cola to go beyond banners, turbo charging their social advertising and branded content initiatives.
Jonah Peretti, founder & CEO of BuzzFeed, previously cofounded the Huffington Post and is a graduate of the MIT Media Lab.
BuzzFeed is backed by: NEA, Softbank, Hearst, RRE, Lerer Ventures, SV Angel and Founder Collective.