Lead Software Developer at BuzzFeed in New York, NY
BuzzFeed is seeking a Lead Software Developer. We're a new kind of media company for the social world. Our technology powers the social distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is a rapidly growing hub for media that reaches over 20 million monthly unique visitors and our network tracks an additional 300M uniques.
As Lead Software Developer, you will be leading a team of developers to help extend our social advertising platform.
This job is based in our NYC offices, and we offer competitive compensation and stock option program.
- You love architecting, building and scaling software systems.
- You are an analytical thinker who is focused on finding creative solutions to complex problems.
- You are a data junkie, and love to play with data to find meaningful, relevant patterns.
- You are a leader, and can motivate and direct the focus of a good team.
- You are comfortable working in a fluid, flexible environment, but understand what it takes to build quality software.
- Experience leading software development teams.
- Mysql, MongoDB, NoSQL.
- LAMP, Python, Perl
- Agile software development.
BuzzFeed is a new kind of media company for the social world. Our technology powers the viral distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is a rapidly growing hub for viral media that reaches over 20 million monthly unique visitors and our viral media network reaches an additional 300M.
BuzzFeed is at the forefront of a major shift in the advertising industry away from traditional banner ads towards "social advertising" that engages consumers, inspires sharing, and produces viral lift, or "earned media."
BuzzFeed's industry leading technology and unique social distribution engine is used by top brands such as GE, Kraft, and Coca Cola to go beyond banners, turbo charging their social advertising and branded content initiatives.
Jonah Peretti, founder & CEO of BuzzFeed, previously cofounded the Huffington Post and is a graduate of the MIT Media Lab.
BuzzFeed is backed by: NEA, Softbank, Hearst, RRE, Lerer Ventures, SV Angel and Founder Collective.