Information Designer at BuzzFeed in New York, NY
BuzzFeed is seeking an Information Designer. We're a new kind of media company for the social world. Our technology powers the social distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is a rapidly growing hub for media that reaches over 20 million monthly unique visitors and our network tracks an additional 300M uniques.
This job is based in our NYC offices, and we offer competitive compensation and stock option program.
- Have the quantitative skills to comprehend the data you are visualizing
- Have the higher reasoning ability to understand the larger communication goals of an information design project
- have the empathy and innate UX sense to know how to best communicate a complex idea in a way that is easily understood
- Have the visual design ability and computer skills to create bold, clean, and precise designs
- Communicate and argue your ideas effectively but are also receptive to feedback and can quickly adapt to changes mid-project
- Are a devotee of Sutnar, Tufte, Felton, Stamen, etc.
- Understand how the Internet works and are a native of the social web
- Have the experience and portfolio to prove all of the above
- Working with the data team to design visualizations of BuzzFeed's data for public, client, and internal reports
- Working with the editorial team to design infographic illustrations for feature articles
- Working with the product team to design interactive visualizations for web products and editorial content
BuzzFeed is a new kind of media company for the social world. Our technology powers the viral distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is a rapidly growing hub for viral media that reaches over 20 million monthly unique visitors and our viral media network reaches an additional 300M.
BuzzFeed is at the forefront of a major shift in the advertising industry away from traditional banner ads towards "social advertising" that engages consumers, inspires sharing, and produces viral lift, or "earned media."
BuzzFeed's industry leading technology and unique social distribution engine is used by top brands such as GE, Kraft, and Coca Cola to go beyond banners, turbo charging their social advertising and branded content initiatives.
Jonah Peretti, founder & CEO of BuzzFeed, previously cofounded the Huffington Post and is a graduate of the MIT Media Lab.
BuzzFeed is backed by: NEA, Softbank, Hearst, RRE, Lerer Ventures, SV Angel and Founder Collective.