Fashion Editor at BuzzFeed in New York, NY
BuzzFeed Fashion is seeking an editor to lead fashion coverage in our New York office. The ideal candidate is someone who is obsessed with all things style, ready-to-wear, and mass market fashion, but doesn't take the fashion world too seriously. You should be able to create beautiful, shareable posts about the clothes we put on our bodies every day. You should also be able to work closely with the London fashion editor and other teams within BuzzFeed to create fashion content that intersects with celebrity, entertainment, music, and DIY. BuzzFeed Fashion is more interested in the ways people wear clothes than the people who make the clothes.
This job is based in our New York office, and we offer competitive compensation and stock option program.
• Write posts with a focus on Pinterest and Facebook sharing
• Respond to pitches from and develop pitches with other teams at BuzzFeed
• Coordinate coverage with the London fashion editor
• Commission and edit freelance posts
• Track and respond to trends in mass market fashion
• 2-5 years experience writing (and reading) about the clothes that people wear
• Deep knowledge of style, mass market fashion, and trends
• Comfort with the fast pace of internet publishing
• A social media following and deep familiarity with the platforms where readers share fashion content
• A joyful, curious attitude about how people of all sizes select clothes and present themselves to the world (no haters)
BuzzFeed is the social news and entertainment company. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology. BuzzFeed provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment and video across the social web to its global audience of 100M.