Editor (Australia or New Zealand) at BuzzFeed in Anywhere, Australia
BuzzFeed is seeking a hungry, number-oriented maniac to come aboard as our editor in Australia. We're a leading social news organization, intensely focused on delivering high-quality original reporting, insight, and viral content across a rapidly expanding array of subject areas.
- Write, edit, and produce posts for BuzzFeed.com
- Optimize BuzzFeed content for social media pick up
- Post BuzzFeed content to various social media sites
- Curate and coax the BuzzFeed homepage into becoming a true thing of beauty
- 2-3 years experience writing or editing for a large website or other publication
- Proven ability to get viral traffic
- Experience using social media in a professional capacity
- Thorough understanding of the social web, web copyright issues, and web research
- Familiarity with standard photo-editing tools (PhotoShop or the like)
- Established social media presence
- No haters!
BuzzFeed is the leading social news organization, intensely focused on delivering high-quality original reporting, insight, and social content across a rapidly expanding array of subject areas. BuzzFeed’s technology powers the social distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in real-time with the hottest content of the moment. BuzzFeed.com is growing rapidly and reaches more than 60 million monthly unique visitors.
Jonah Peretti, founder & CEO of BuzzFeed, is an MIT Media Lab grad who previously co-founded the Huffington Post. Ben Smith is its Editor-in-chief, Google alum Jon Steinberg is President and COO, and Huffington Post co-founder Kenneth Lerer serves as Executive Chairman.
BuzzFeed is backed by: NEA, Softbank, Hearst, RRE, Lerer Ventures, SV Angel and Founder Collective.