Digital Sales Planner- NY at BuzzFeed in New York, NY
BuzzFeed is seeking a proactive, articulate and energetic Digital Sales Planner to join their sales organization in New York. We're a new kind of media company for the social world. Our technology powers the social distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is a rapidly growing hub for media that reaches over 25 million monthly unique visitors. You will report directly to our Director of Sales Planning & Strategy and work on campaign management and reporting.
- Work with sales to respond to all RFPs by creating media plans that meet client objectives
- Coordinate the on-time delivery of client proposals
- Input proposal information into Mediavisor and Atlas proposal systems
- Input and track all current proposals/opportunities in SalesForce to ensure accurate forecasting, revenue reporting and billing
- Assist with brainstorming of integrated ideas
- Respond to requests about inventory, ad products, creative specifications, etc.
- Ensure that media plans include accurate pricing and utilize approved products and available inventory
- Assist in the creation of effective sales and marketing tools, including sell sheets, presentations or mockups
- 1-3 years experience as a digital media planner at an agency, digital media company, or publisher
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfort with client interfacing role
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of the online advertising industry
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Creative and strategic in nature with the ability to think outside the box and articulate “big ideas”
- Must be self-motivated, driven and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Familiarity with DoubleClick DFP, DFA, Atlas, Comscore Media Metrix, and Salesforce.com a plus
BuzzFeed is a new kind of media company for the social world. Our technology powers the viral distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is a rapidly growing hub for viral media that reaches over 20 million monthly unique visitors and our viral media network reaches an additional 300M.
BuzzFeed is at the forefront of a major shift in the advertising industry away from traditional banner ads towards "social advertising" that engages consumers, inspires sharing, and produces viral lift, or "earned media."
BuzzFeed's industry leading technology and unique social distribution engine is used by top brands such as GE, Kraft, and Coca Cola to go beyond banners, turbo charging their social advertising and branded content initiatives.
Jonah Peretti, founder & CEO of BuzzFeed, previously cofounded the Huffington Post and is a graduate of the MIT Media Lab.
BuzzFeed is backed by: NEA, Softbank, Hearst, RRE, Lerer Ventures, SV Angel and Founder Collective.