Design Intern at BuzzFeed in New York, NY
BuzzFeed is hiring a Design Intern. We're a new kind of media company for the social world. Our technology powers the social distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is a rapidly growing hub for media that reaches over 20 million monthly unique visitors and our network tracks an additional 300M uniques.
The ideal candidate will have a sharp eye to help create memorable visual elements for our business team, someone with a great sensibility and who can turn around work on a tight schedule. Note: This is not a web design position.
This is a paid internship based in our NYC offices. We are looking to have someone start as soon as possible.
- Assist the business team in developing assets and presentations that are consistent with BuzzFeed's brand identity and tone.
- Assist the creative team in developing mockups for advertisers, as well as coming up with assets for campaigns, including custom badges, skins, and special design elements.
- Create custom content for advertisers using BuzzFeed's distinct style.
- Be awesome with Photoshop and Keynote.
- BFA in graphic/visual design or equivalent or currently enrolled in graphic/visual design program
- Strong typographic sense and demonstrated visual design ability
- Fluent in Photoshop, Keynote, and Pages
BuzzFeed is a new kind of media company for the social world. Our technology powers the viral distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is a rapidly growing hub for viral media that reaches over 20 million monthly unique visitors and our viral media network reaches an additional 300M.
BuzzFeed is at the forefront of a major shift in the advertising industry away from traditional banner ads towards "social advertising" that engages consumers, inspires sharing, and produces viral lift, or "earned media."
BuzzFeed's industry leading technology and unique social distribution engine is used by top brands such as GE, Kraft, and Coca Cola to go beyond banners, turbo charging their social advertising and branded content initiatives.
Jonah Peretti, founder & CEO of BuzzFeed, previously cofounded the Huffington Post and is a graduate of the MIT Media Lab.
BuzzFeed is backed by: NEA, Softbank, Hearst, RRE, Lerer Ventures, SV Angel and Founder Collective.