Culture Blogger, LA at BuzzFeed in Los Angeles, CA
BuzzFeed's hiring bloggers. We're looking for hungry culture maniacs obsessed with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending and talking about. We're a new kind of media company for the social world. Our technology powers the social distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is a rapidly growing hub for media that reaches over 25 million monthly unique visitors.
This job is based in our Los Angeles offices, and we offer competitive compensation and stock option program.
- Write, edit, and produce posts for BuzzFeed.com
- Make stuff that people like to share
- Generate ideas for new features, contest, collaborative posts and videos
- Contribute to the conversation about culture
- High emotional intelligence
- The ability to take perspective of others
- A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters)
- A competitive drive
- A genuine, wide-eyed love of pop culture in all its forms
- Proven ability to get viral traffic
- Established social media presence
BuzzFeed is at the forefront of a major shift in the advertising industry away from traditional banner ads towards "social advertising" that engages consumers, inspires sharing, and produces viral lift, or "earned media."
BuzzFeed's industry leading technology and unique social distribution engine is used by top brands such as GE, Kraft, and Coca Cola to go beyond banners, turbo charging their social advertising and branded content initiatives.
Jonah Peretti, founder & CEO of BuzzFeed, previously cofounded the Huffington Post and is a graduate of the MIT Media Lab.
BuzzFeed is backed by: NEA, Softbank, Hearst, RRE, Lerer Ventures, SV Angel and Founder Collective.