Creative Editor at BuzzFeed in New York, NY
BuzzFeed is seeking experienced creative editors to work on strategizing and executing branded editorial content for advertisers. The ideal candidate will have experience with online editorial work as well as a creative background making original content for advertisers. The person will help conceptualize and publish custom content for advertisers, and work closely with our sales and ad ops teams to deliver clickable, sharable content that makes our advertisers happy and that we can be proud of.
· Participate in and lead creative brainstorm sessions
· Help the sales team conceptualize content for prospective advertisers
· Create creative custom editorial content for advertisers
· Organize and run creative campaigns with the help of our ad ops team
· Help maximize the impact of inventory on the site
· Strategize new means to advertise using BuzzFeed
· Communicate with sales and ad ops teams to create content for advertisers
· Must have at least 2 years creative agency and/or online editorial experience
· Understanding of and experience in branded content creation
· Passion for social and viral advertising
· Ability to create sharable, original content
BuzzFeed is a new kind of media company for the social world. Our technology powers the viral distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is a rapidly growing hub for viral media that reaches over 20 million monthly unique visitors and our viral media network reaches an additional 250M.
BuzzFeed is at the forefront of a major shift in the advertising industry away from traditional banner ads towards "social advertising" that engages consumers, inspires sharing, and produces viral lift, or "earned media."
BuzzFeed's industry leading technology and unique social distribution engine is used by top brands such as GE, Kraft, and Coca Cola to go beyond banners, turbo charging their social advertising and branded content initiatives.
Jonah Peretti, founder & CEO of BuzzFeed, previously cofounded the Huffington Post and is a graduate of the MIT Media Lab.