Associate Food Editor at BuzzFeed in New York, NY
BuzzFeed seeks a driven, food- and internet-loving person to be the deputy editor of our new food vertical. We're a new kind of media company for the social world. Our technology powers the social distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is a rapidly growing hub for media that reaches over 20 million monthly unique visitors and our network tracks an additional 300M uniques.
This job is based in our NYC offices and offers a competitive compensation with stock options.
- Write, edit, and produce informed, entertaining posts
- Obsessively track food news, cooking blogs, new food/restaurant products, and viral trends online
- Interview chefs, cookbook authors and other industry experts to generate original food and recipe content
- Furiously dig up fun ideas for posts and videos
- Help coordinate and execute video and photo shoots
- Make stuff people want to share
- Strong writing skills; proven ability to execute the informed, entertaining BuzzFeed voice
- High emotional intelligence
- A love of food and an interest in cooking
- Willingness to eat basically anything (once)
- Proven ability to understand what is share-worthy and what's not on social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Tumblr
- Pitching in wherever necessary (groceries, recipe testing at home)
- Experience using social media in a professional capacity
- Familiarity with standard photo-editing tools
- No haters
BuzzFeed is a new kind of media company for the social world. Our technology powers the viral distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is a rapidly growing hub for viral media that reaches over 20 million monthly unique visitors and our viral media network reaches an additional 300M.
BuzzFeed is at the forefront of a major shift in the advertising industry away from traditional banner ads towards "social advertising" that engages consumers, inspires sharing, and produces viral lift, or "earned media."
BuzzFeed's industry leading technology and unique social distribution engine is used by top brands such as GE, Kraft, and Coca Cola to go beyond banners, turbo charging their social advertising and branded content initiatives.
Jonah Peretti, founder & CEO of BuzzFeed, previously cofounded the Huffington Post and is a graduate of the MIT Media Lab.
BuzzFeed is backed by: NEA, Softbank, Hearst, RRE, Lerer Ventures, SV Angel and Founder Collective.