Associate Animals Editor at BuzzFeed in New York, NY
Do you love the internet, cute animals, and especially cats, and live in the New York area? Do you spend an unhealthy amount of time in your Tumblr dashboard? Were you into adorable sloths and hedgehogs way before they got played out on the Internet? And do you spot the best & funniest videos and images hours, days or weeks before most of your friends? OK, good. Because BuzzFeed's glorious Animals section is looking for an associate editor to make awesome posts about cute animals.
This job is based in our NYC offices, and we offer competitive compensation and stock option program.
- Scour the web looking for content to post to BuzzFeed.com
- Create original, highly shareable lists, posts, and articles about cute animals
- Help run the Animals social media accounts with style and verve
- Understand Reddit, Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook and why the most popular stuff on those sites became popular
- Have a demonstrated ability to post things that people share
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Ability to write well, and quickly, and be reasonably funny
First: Create a profile on BuzzFeed and publish a number of posts that show off your internet chops and writing prowess. How well do you get the BuzzFeed voice and style?
Then, and only then, send an application through JobScore with a link to your profile, your resume, and a cover letter with a paragraph or two about you and what you do.