Mobile Strategist and UEX Professional at Bottle Rocket Apps in Dallas, TX
ABOUT Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is dedicated to creating high quality iPhone, iPad and Android applications. We believe exceptionally innovative technology not only enhances the way we do things - it redefines the way we live our lives. To us, iOS and Android are more than sophisticated mobile operating systems - they are game-changing platforms uniting information, instant access and unlimited range to create entertainment and enterprise solutions.
ABOUT working for Bottle Rocket:
We are a rapidly growing mobile development company at the forefront of the app revolution. We are on the Dallas Business Journal's Best Places to Work, The Dallas Morning News Top 100 Places to Work, repeatedly made the Inc. 500, and our owner was named Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year for our region. We have developed and released over 100 high profile, premium brand experience apps for companies like A&E Television, American Express, Discovery Channel, ESPN, Food Network, National Geographic, NBC Universal, NPR, SPIN Magazine, and Starwood Hotels & Resorts, as well extremely popular games such as Doodle Bomb and Annoying Orange: Kitchen Carnage. Our apps are regularly featured in the press and have received critical acclaim. We estimate that over 15 million people use the apps we have built. These apps are just the tip of the iceberg. We continue to push the envelope of design and architecture and have literally dozens of new projects you may find very interesting.
Of course, such high visibility and growth comes with its own challenges. Our services are in such high demand that we need the most talented individuals, such as yourself, to continue to grow our brand, our organization, and our skill set. We can offer you as much challenge as you can handle! We have been wildly successful because we work hard for our clients, our end users, and for each other. We have staffed our teams with "A" players that do not accept anything less than the best from themselves and each other. This allows us to continually improve our work, our processes, and our vision.
ABOUT this position:
As part of our UEX team, it's essential that every person we bring on board clearly understands how Bottle Rocket approaches app creation:
- We build brand experiences
- Our apps have purpose, aligning to brand and business strategies
- Our apps are relevant and personal to the end user
- Our apps exploit mobile technology and the latest UEX advancements to deliver an experience unique to the device
- Our apps are NOT repurposed websites
We believe in smart, well-rounded strategists. We expect our strategists to be a mix of strategy, experience design, information architecture, interaction design and creative direction. Yes, we know we are asking a lot...that's just how we roll.
If you are interested in more than just a 9–to–5 job, are excited by working with a team of committed individuals, and want to make a difference in a young organization, then this is the place for you! This position is not about years of experience, industry background, or academics. It is about building great products, building great teams, and being excited about going to work every day!
We offer competitive salaries and have a full range of benefits including medical, dental and vision. We are a successful business and one of the most experienced app developers in the market. Come join us!
- Lead client discovery sessions and tease out the business drivers, brand equities and user insights that will shape an awesome app
- Define how Bottle Rocket will approach the project and provide the client with thoughtful, unique solutions to their app needs
- Create an app vision and mission statement
- Design an app experience through pencils and ensure the vision is maintained through production of the app
- Balance the high-level thought with the detail of specifications
- Client-facing and experienced in relationship building
- Awareness and understanding of business strategy, digital strategy and brand strategy
- Experience in requirements gathering
- Experience in the execution of digital business strategies
- Experience in crafting vision and mission briefs
- Experience in crafting creative briefs
- Experience in crafting RFP responses
- Experience in creating pencils and wireframes
- Experience in defining features, functionality and content
- Experience in sharing a vision with clients and team members
- Must be a Mac user
- Must own an iPhone or Android smartphone (and have owned it at least a year)
- Prefer a collaborative and open work style
- Background in creative design, information architecture or experience design
- Experience in both large and small workplaces
- High-level understanding of CMS, feeds, APIs and publishing tools
- Being a fully digital person
- Being a maker
- Being an information junkie
- Being fearless