Front End Developer at Bottle Rocket Apps in Dallas, TX
About Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is dedicated to creating handcrafted iPhone, iPad and Android apps for the world's most discriminating brands. We believe exceptionally innovative technology not only enhances the way we do things - it redefines the way we live our lives. We are a remarkable team of dreamers, thinkers, makers and doers with unparalleled experience and a relentless passion for pushing the limits of mobile.
About Working for Bottle Rocket:
We are a rapidly growing mobile development company at the forefront of the app revolution. We have developed and released over 90 high profile, award-winning apps for companies like NPR, Discovery Channel, Disney, BET, American Express, AARP, Bravo, ESPN, SPIN Magazine, History Channel, as well extremely popular games such as Doodle Bomb and Annoying Orange Kitchen Carnage. Our apps often top the charts and win much-coveted industry awards like the People’s Voice Award at The Webbys, SPD Awards’ Tablet App of the Year and Variety’s Entertainment App Developer of the Year. We recently had our fourth app inducted into the Apple Hall of Fame, more than any other app developer. Bottle Rocket was also named one of The Dallas Morning News’ Top Places to Work in 2012.
Of course, such high visibility and growth comes with its own challenges. Our services are in such high demand that we need the most talented individuals, such as yourself, to continue to grow our brand, our organization, and our skill set. We can offer you as much challenge as you can handle! We have been wildly successful because we work hard for our clients, our end users, and for each other. We have staffed our teams with "A" players that do not accept anything less than the best from themselves and each other. This allows us to continually improve our work, our processes, and our vision.
About This Position:
The Front End Developer will be responsible for Designing, Developing, and Supporting web-based solutions for the company.
If you are interested in more than just a 9–to–5 job, are excited by working with a team of committed individuals, and want to make a difference in a young organization, then this is the place for you! We are about building great products, building great teams, and being excited about going to work every day!
We offer competitive salaries and have a full range of benefits including medical, dental and vision. We are a successful business and one of the most experienced app developers in the market. Come join us!
- Design, Develop, and Support advanced web-based solutions
- Work with other team members to deliver solutions (front-end/back-end/db)
- Manage your own time
- Manage your own part of projects
- Stay abreast of best-practices in client-side web technologies
- Work closely with creative team to collaborate on designs and build out final product
- 7 years experience in commercial web development
- Ability to take a design “comp” and materialize it into a functional page
- Demonstrated experience working with RESTful calls to a back-end server
- Current knowledge and experience supporting cross-browser compatibility
- Knowledge of web security best-practices
- Excellent communication skills, as this will be a very collaborative role
- Work on-site (Dallas, Texas)
- Experience with server-side scripting languages, particularly PHP.