Senior Director of Product Marketing at Rafter, Inc. in San Mateo, CA
Who we are:
Rafter, Inc. is the leading higher education course materials management platform. We make cloud based software that helps schools dramatically lower the cost of education, starting with course materials. We believe in making education more affordable and accessible for everyone on the planet. The future of educational content looks like nothing we know. It's a place where access is more important than ownership, where students achieve success because the exact resources they need are within reach. Rafter is a framework for this new space.
Rafter evolved out of textbook rental service bookrenter.com. After serving millions of students and working directly with hundreds of schools to save students hundreds of millions of dollars by renting textbooks, we saw an even larger opportunity to make education more effective, accessible, and affordable.
We believe one of the most pressing issues of our day is the affordability, accessibility and effectiveness of higher education. Would you like to work for a company working on fighting the good fight? If so, please keep reading…
What we need:
Senior Director of Product Marketing
We are looking for an out bound/evangelist type person that can define a new space or define a new set of messages into an existing industry. Product Marketing at Rafter is a central to executing the company’s strategy and delivering superb products and solutions to the market.
The Senior Director of Product Marketing will guide and enable this team to fulfill diverse activities including product and solutions content, analyst relations, industry specific value propositions, pricing, competitive landscape and much more.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, goal oriented natural leader who has the ability and vision to work with teams both independently and as a team.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- New Product Development and Launch
- Create, manage, coordinate and execute all consumer product marketing strategies and implement tactical plans that meet and exceed organizational expectations.
- Be an expert at MRDs that define a collaborative, successful process with the product engineering team.
- Develop unique value propositions that increase our marketing partnerships and branded impressions.
- Build unique and creative campaigns that acquire key customers, build brand awareness and drive repeat visits.
- Lead and manage Marketing Operations, Product Marketing, Cross Business Unit Marketing, Advertising, Analytics and Lead Generation.
- Analyze, evaluate, and measure the efficiency and effectiveness of marketing programs for Return on Investment.
- Interactive and Channel Marketing
- Partner with internal stakeholders to define and execute an affiliate and partner marketing strategy that is efficient and grows brand awareness.
- Manage marketing team and outside resources.
Your Background should look like:
- Experience working at a software/service provider, operator, OEM or retailer in the mobile space with some experience of working in a global environment.
- Must have a background and passion for working in fast paced pre-IPO environments.
- Prior experience setting strategic direction for a product producing measureable performance improvements (e.g. increased growth rate, profitability, etc.)
- Appropriate experience in B2C or B2B context depending on product(s) to support
- Appropriate content specific knowledge (e.g. Mobile marketing)
- Ability to build and execute marketing plans (e.g. channels, reach, lifetime value, cost per acquisition, etc.)
- Experience managing and developing teams of direct reports
- Solid knowledge of both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies through scholastic course work or hands on research experience
- A proven ability to design cross-channel, multi-media integrated campaigns
- Experience in viral growth environment a significant plus
- Knowledge of pricing and promotional research a significant plus
Product launch experience a plus
- Bachelors degree required, MBA strongly preferred.
We offer competitive salary, benefits, and the chance to improve the lives of millions of students!
Read more about our success:
Rafter Experiences 1,400 Percent Annual Revenue Growth in On-Campus Commerce:
To learn more about Rafter, visit us on the web at www.rafter.com.