Logistics Operations Associate at Rafter, Inc. in San Mateo, CA
Rafter, Inc. the leading course materials management platform, lowers the cost of education by providing colleges and universities with much needed tools to manage the rapidly changing world of course materials on campus. To learn more visit www.rafter.com and watch our video. Rafter evolved from BookRenter.com, the first online textbook rental site, launched in 2008 with a mission to make education more affordable by allowing students to rent textbooks for up to 80% off the retail price. Rafter is one of the few private ed tech companies that is truly lowering the cost of higher education for students. By working directly with more than 300 schools to turn the painful and archaic process of managing course materials into a low cost, student-centric service, Rafter has saved students more than $300m. By taking an enterprise approach to course materials management, the Rafter Course Materials Network takes a more holistic approach that provides colleges and universities with a path to discover, adopt, distribute and manage physical and digital course materials.
Operations Associate (Seasonal)
Location: San Mateo, CA
Position Type: Temporary non-exempt (3 months) to possible Employee Hire
Requisition #: 0209
At Rafter, customers are our #1 priority. We strive to provide the best experience from start-to-finish in order to build a lasting relationship with them. We are seeking team members who are passionate about resolving customer issues that may occur when they are returning books. You will need to be energetic, inquisitive, analytical and meticulously detailed. You will be responsible for investigating and researching each situation and then taking the appropriate actions to meet the customer needs. You are comfortable networking with other departments, reaching out to our partners. You enjoy solving problems and finding creative solutions.
- Monitoring exception reports, identifying issues, researching issue, determining root cause, identifying and implementing solutions, and escalating complex issues to manager
- Leading cross – functional groups in efforts to resolve operational issues
- Use knowledge of Excel and SQL to measure and assess supplier fulfillment performance
- Work collaboratively with Customer Service Team to solve supply and transit issues that prevent Rafter from providing and excellent experience
- Manage supplier and carrier claim process to recover lost assets and execute appropriate internal actions to complete a recovery transaction
- Lead cross-functional process improvement projects to completion by identifying areas for continual process improvement and improved operational efficiency
- Support the resolution of daily operational issues
- Experience and knowledge of e-commerce, including order management and fulfillment preferred
- Strong time management, organizational, prioritization and technical skills
- Must demonstrate excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to adjust quickly to new processes and procedures
- Must be able to work and make decisions independently in a fast paced environment and in situations which are sometimes ambiguous
- Must possess good judgment and demonstrate the ability to proactively identify and resolve problems
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite of Products: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Experience working with or writing data base query language (SQL) a strong plus
- Experience working in a customer service or customer focused environment preferred
- Available evenings and weekends as needed in support of fulfillment operations, specifically during peak
This is a temporary (approximately 3 months), full-time, non-exempt position, with potential to be a permanent employee full-time role.
Read more about our success.
Rafter Experiences 1,400 Percent Annual Revenue Growth in On-Campus Commerce -
Rafter is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
“Veterans of the United States Armed Forces are encouraged to apply. Thank you for your service.”